The particular objectives of the Ecosystem Resilience Research Line are:
- Improvement of the level of knowledge and understanding of systems such as forests, shrublands, pasturelands, landscapes, rivers, and others, in particular within a global change framework,
- Understanding and forecasting the effects of changes in drivers and pressures such as climate change, land abandonment or intensification, and othere, on these systems and on the ecosystem services they provide,
- Understanding the interactions between biodiverstity, ecosystem function management, and resilience in mountain systems,
- Supporting resilience, adaptation and other responses of mountain socio-ecological systems to drivers of global change,
- Definition of measures for resource use efficienty in forestry, soil, water management and other fields,
- Promoting multifunctionality of mountain systems and provision of highly valuable ecosystem services.